For a quality, natural-looking, decay & rot resistant, and perfectly comfortable swing for your garden, this is a treasure worth acquiring. The uniqueness of this swing is that red cedar is durable and repels all timber damaging insects.
It is crafted to give your garden and the entire home the natural appearance that combines both traditional and modern elegance. You can apply a clear or polyurethane finish touch to protect it from UV and moist, or just leave it natural to allow cedar’s unpretentious gray color to develop.
The sitting surface is 18″ deep by 58″ wide, while its height from the ground is approximately 23 inches. It is sturdy enough to carry up to 500lbs. weight, meaning that you will comfortably sit in this swing together with a couple more adults.
The springs, on the other hand, will fit perfectly in most of the swing frames you find in the market today and are made to absorb shock fairly well to give you a comfortable bounce. You can even hang it between trees so that you swing merrily as you grab fresh air in the evening.
The chain positioning may not be the best as it can knock your head if you choose to sleep horizontally.
- Western Red Cedar is naturally resistant to rot, decay and insect damage. Known for its lightweight strength, long natural life as outdoor furniture & low warping properties.
- Comfortably seats two with contour seating with all clear span slats are planed & edges routered for rounded smoothness. We use only screws and bolts, no nails. Shipped in pre-assembled components for easy assembly with simple instructions.
- Assembled the cedar swing overall size is approx. 23" high x 62" wide x 27" deep, the seat itself is approx. 18" deep and 58" wide. Our cedar swing arrives with springs and enough chain for a standard 8' porch ceiling.
- Our cedar swing is ready for you to apply a finish of your choice at your home - or - you can leave natural, which over time naturally becomes a pretentious gray.
- Quality made in the USA by Amish craftsmen & shipped directly to you.